I took this photo when I got home. It's today's sunset over the roof of my pink apartment building.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Zero to happy
Today I saw the movie "Juno" with my mom. We liked it. Afterwards, we got hot drinks in a nearby coffee shop because it was cold in the theater and cold outside. We grabbed the only empty table in a room full of people and I began to go over all of my confused thoughts about life and love. My mom said, looking around the coffee shop, "If you did a survey of how many people in this coffee shop think they've got it all figured out, you know what the result would be? Zero." I laughed. It was one of those things I'd expect to hear in an overscripted movie like "Juno." Then she said, "Don't worry, be happy." I thought that was kinda cheesy, but she's right. Simplicity could well be the key to sanity.
I took this photo when I got home. It's today's sunset over the roof of my pink apartment building.
After the sun disappeared, the clouds outside my back window turned a similar pink, then purple.
Nice day to be happy.
I took this photo when I got home. It's today's sunset over the roof of my pink apartment building.